DATE OF FORMATION: 10/07/2012
Dr. Priyanka Pandey
(M.A., M.ED.,P.G.D.G&C., DIP. IN YOGA, Ph.D.(PSY.))
Mrs. Spoty Manoj Karthik
(M.ED.,M.Sc.,M.A. (PSY.) )
The aim of Guidance and Counseling cell is to provide comprehensive guidance programs and services that will equip students with necessary knowledge, attitude and skills to become mature and socially responsible individuals. It aims to promote a just and humane society.
This is the motto of the Guidance & counseling cell which functions as a part of Student Support Service (SSS) for student retention. The cell nurtures students through different activities and allows students to cross hurdles in the academic year thereby marching smoothly towards success. Apart from this, it helps the students to overcome class, social, and cultural barriers to complete their college education. The Guidance and Counseling Committee is looked after by a teaching faculty. Apart from the main in charge the other faculty members take up specific roles in the activities conducted. The committee identifies students who require services on priority along with their areas of deficiency and suggests the improvement required.
The students once identified, are given academic as well as personal counseling.
ACTIVITIES AND OBJECTIVES
The following are the activities conducted under this cell
- Nurturing through the remedial teaching program.
- Mentoring through an individual counseling.
- Provide various comprehensive psychological services to students and resolve their emotional, behavioral, academic, and social issues.
- Apart from this, the ones who are financially weak are helped with the following activities
- Guiding for financial assistance from banks
- Getting a scholarship for students through various organizations
- Planning and implementing career guidance program in different school.
- Organizing workshop in the area of-
- Stress management
- Emotional intelligence
- Self awareness
- Learning disabilities
- Offering counseling in the area of psychology and career guidance on request basis.
- Psychological testing in areas of-
- Stress and anxiety.
The counseling cell functions in coordination with the placement cell in order to solve the career guidance related problems.