Mrs. Nahida Mandviwala
(M.A., M.Ed., NET (Education))
Staff Member –
Mrs Rakhi Sawlane
M.Sc., M.Ed., N.E.T.(Education), PGDHE
Dr. (Mrs) Asha A.K
M.A. (English), M.Ed., UGC-NET, SET (Education), Ph.D. (Education)
About Student Council
The Student council is represents the students of the college. The Student Council is an important body that serves as a platform to train students for leadership, initiative and responsibility. Students contest elections to become members of the council.
The members are duly elected in the Student Council Elections for a tenure of two years in accordance with the norms. Student teachers are elected for various posts like: The General Secretary, Assistant Secretary, ICT in-charge, Event Manager, etc. The elected members are supported by teacher facilitators.
- To have a link between the faculty and students.
- To provide a common platform to students for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- To make students responsible, accountable and participate in the development of the institute as well as into the process to develop their own personality, organisational skills and career through interactive programs.
- To inculcate democratic values, fostering qualities of leadership.
- To develop respect for the constitution and constitutional authorities and making them active partners in the smooth functioning of the college.
- To represent student’s interest and to organise student oriented activities and programmes.
- To promote campus unity and quality in student life by providing entertaining activities and various opportunities for campus involvements.
The student council organizes several co-curricular and extra-curricular activities throughout the academic year for all the students to participate based on their interest and inclination. Some of them are as follows:
- Celebration of important days:- Teachers’ day, Independence day, Republic day, etc.
- Cultural celebrations:- Diwali, Navratri, Eid, X’mas celebration, Cultural day etc.
- Competitions:- Rangoli, Best out of waste, Mehendi, etc.
- Intercollegiate Competition like IMT, Online Intercollegiate Quiz Competition, etc
- Coordinating intercollegiate events.
- Fresher’s party, talent hunt, etc
- Food Stall Competition
- Annual Sports
- Annual Prize Distribution
These Co-curricular activities ensure the development of the “3H” i.e. Hand (Kinesthetic – Psychomotor development), Head (Mind – Intellectual & Aesthetic Development) and Heart (Personality – Emotional & Moral Development). They serve as a means to enhance student teachers social skills, leadership qualities, self-confidence, organizational skills, self-discipline, accountability and communication skills. Thereby providing them a plethora of experiences to develop and nurture a true holistic teacher of the 21st Century.