Dr. Priyanka Pandey
(M.A., M.ED.,P.G.D.G&C., DIP. IN YOGA, Ph.D.(PSY.)
Staff Member –
Ms. Surekha Chidambaranath
(M.Com (Management), M.Ed., NET (Education)
About Student Council
The Student council represents the students of the college. Students contest elections to become members of the council. The members are duly elected in the Student Council Elections for tenure of two years in accordance with the norms.
Campaigning for elections and reaching out to the other student teachers helps them become better at public speaking and networking. It also helps the take on leadership roles, employ their critical thinking and problem solving skills and encourage them to play an impactful role in the well being of the organization and the community.
Student teachers are elected for various posts like: The General Secretary, Assistant Secretary, technical in-charge, discipline in-charge, media in-charge, cultural events in-charge, literary in-charge and internal affairs in-charge. The elected members are supported by teacher facilitators.
- To have a link between the faculty and students.
- To make students responsible, accountable and participate in the development of the institute as well as into the process to develop their own personality, organisational skills and career through interactive programs.
- To make students responsible, accountable and participate in the development of the institute as well as into the process to develop their own personality, organisational skills and career through interactive
- To inculcate democratic values, fostering qualities of leadership.
- To develop respect for the constitution and constitutional authorities and making them active partners in the smooth functioning of the college.
- To represent student’s interest and to organise student oriented activities and programmes
- To promote campus unity and quality in student life by providing entertaining activities and various opportunities for campus involvements.
The student council organizes several co-curricular and extra-curricular activities throughout the academic year for all the students to participate based on their interest and inclination. Some of them are as follows:
- Celebration of important days:- Teachers’ day, Independence day, Republic day,etc
- Cultural celebrations:- Diwali, Navratri, Eid, X’mas celebration, Cultural day,etc
- Competitions:- Rangoli, Best out of waste, Mehendi,etc
- Intercollegiate Competition like IMT, Online Intercollegiate Quiz Competition, etc
- Coordinating intercollegiate events.
- Fresher’s party, talent hunt, etc
- Food Stall Competition
- Annual Sports
- Annual Prize Distribution
In addition to planning these activities, the student council is also the voice of the other student teachers. They help share student’s ideas, interests and concerns with the faculty members, which ensure smooth working of the organization.
“Virtual Eid Celebration and Farewell Party for Batches 2018-2020 and 2019-2021”
The student council members of the batch 2020-2022 organized a virtual Eid party for their all the students of batch 2018-2020, 2019-2021 and 2020-2022 which was followed by a virtual Farewell party for their seniors and super seniors. They had planned gazal sessions, shero-shayari mushaira and sweet decoration session for celebrating the auspicious festival. The ‘funtainment’ got enhanced as the events proceeded towards the farewell party. Farewell parties are normally very emotional and saddening, but when you have enthusiastic and dedicated juniors, even farewells become fun. The council members had planned games like guess the picture, guess the song, guess the movie and there were 3 special dance performances by 2 students from Batch 2019-2019 and one from Batch 2020-2022. The day was very lively and full of fun, ending on a great note with students and professors sharing their experiences. It was definitely a day that will be remembered by everyone who was a part of it.
Click below to view the Video
Click here to visit the PDF
Click here to view the PDF