Another interesting workshop conducted by the teachers of RCOED is on Storytelling in STEM Education. Through this workshop, student teachers are taught the art of impactful storytelling to formulate, integrate and explain concepts of the STEM subjects. Each time, they are adding a new feather of story in their hat for a new concept. Our educators bring out their artistic side and write stories and poems to integrate the concepts of STEAM (i.e. teaching STEM using Art forms). This workshop is not just entertaining, but also inspiring. At the end of the workshop, student teachers are encouraged to write their own stories. Teacher Educators of RCOED have successfully conducted this workshop for their students in the college as well as for a vast audience in the National Conference organised by the RCOED titled Ethnography of Education: Reconnecting the Neurons of Indian Education System on 6th – 7th April, 2018. They have used the skills of Poetry, Narrative Stories, Digital Stories, Meditation types of art forms to teach STEM education.
Teacher Educators themselves devised their stories and props for the workshop and covered various areas of STEM education. The titles of the stories were:
1) A boy named Super Mario – dealing with the concept of Pythagoras Theorem and Speed-Distance-Time
2) Three Little Pigs- dealing with the concept to Force and types of Forces
3) Smart Virus – dealing with the concept of Iysogenic and Lytic way of virus infecting Bacterium
4) Story of Life- dealing with neuroscience and meditation
5) A New Dream- dealing with the concepts of Ecology
The workshop was conducted by Dr. Radhika Vakharia, Mrs. Spoty Karthik, Mrs. Nahida Mandviwala, Dr. Priyanka Pandey, Dr. Rakhi Sawlane and Mrs. Pooja Manghirmalani Mishra.
Below are a few glimpses of the workshops: